Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketers are performance driven, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Marriott, Verizon, OMNI hotels, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of the best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Discounts on lunches from GrubHub
As a member of the Digital Intelligence team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include assisting with the development and implementation of all tracking, analytics, events, ecommerce, paid media, dynamic remarketing and 3rd party tracking solutions, all via tag management platforms, namely Google Tag Manager and Tealium.
The ideal candidate must understand the needs of the clients as a whole, their strategic direction and will help identify and implement solutions that will allow the client to meet those goals. This involves contributions to departmental processes, internal JSON template libraries, software engineering, continued education, implementation of new tracking solutions, setup and debugging of retainer client projects, setup of all Google Analytics features, data validity and cleanup, development of new departmental capabilities, high aptitude for expanding coding knowledge and willingness to share knowledge with team members, amongst other things.
You Will Be
- Supporting, implementing, documenting, maintaining and extending the functionality of Wpromote clients’ tagging infrastructure/environment. (using GTM & Tealium)
- Identifying data quality issues, navigating multiple data sources, and working to resolve data quality issues. Ability to create custom dimensions, metrics for Web Analytics Tools (Google Analytics) to support reporting requirements for Wpromote’s clients.
- Coding simple to complex scripts that scrape data specifically from web applications, and push into dataLayers, variables, scripts, functions, pixels, schema, amongst others.
- Working closely with the Digital Intelligence Consulting Arm to ensure that all tagging specs/code are properly implemented and any new technologies being deployed are understood, and ensuring the integrity of the tag data being collected is as requested. This extends from the requirements gathering sessions, tag maintenance requests and issue and final documentation for Wpromote retainer clients.
- Working with internal departments and take business requirements and effectively translate them into technical and functional solutions.
- Communicating very complex technical requirements to both tech and non tech savvy clients, must be able to convey information to different audiences affectively.
You Must Have
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
- Proficiency in tagging websites, web applications and mobile applications that use responsive design, HTML, HTML5, Ajax and Angular frameworks, implemented with GTM or Tealium
- Strong knowledge in tag testing methods and using browser and mobile device emulators
- Working knowledge in navigating properties, methods and attributes of document objects via the DOM
- Proficiency in managing tags in a tag management system (GTM & Tealium)
- Familiarity with scripting for web analytics tools; Google Analytics, Facebook and other 3rd party tracking solutions
- Familiarity with schema, JSON-LD and structured data sets
- Good understanding of technical data challenges, needs, and expectations for a wide range of clients across multiple business verticals.
- Strong project planning skills; from assisting in requirements gathering, project feature assessments, solution implementation & documentation, to testing and push live
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact within all levels of the organization and for all clients utilizing a consultative approach.
- A knack for Data Analysis- to understand, analyze, and make recommendations for mapping marketing data from start to finish
- A Focus on innovative problem solving, with emphasis on continuous improvement for all clients
- Propensity to maximize development of self and others
- Experience with the Google Suite, Google Analytics API or other Marketing/Analytics API a bonus
- Comfort in a Scrum Environment and an understanding of Regex is a plus