Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Forever 21, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- Subsidized coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Generous PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
Wpromote’s internal marketing division is looking for a highly-motivated and seasoned writer to add to the team. This is a creative leadership role. The right candidate is proactive, performance-driven, and a confident communicator. They should be comfortable writing landing page copy one minute, and digging into data and adjusting content strategy the next.
At our core, we're a results-oriented digital marketing agency. Our clients rely on us to steer them in the right direction and deliver strategic marketing initiatives that drive ROI. Our challenge is to make thought-provoking, personalized content that brings complex subjects to life. That's where you come in.
This new role would be responsible for developing sticky content that customers, partners, and the industry can't help but read and share. Leadership, time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with short-term and long-term deadlines, while also mentoring younger writers, are essential skills for this position.
In addition, the right candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about one—or more—of the following marketing disciplines:
· Digital marketing strategy
· Search engine optimization (SEO)
· Paid search and display (PPC)
· Social media marketing—both paid and organic
· Email marketing and engagement
· Content marketing
· Digital intelligence
You Will Be
- Accountable for development and execution of content marketing strategy and initiatives to drive awareness, traffic, engagement, thought leadership, and leads
- Creating engaging materials that positively reflect the Wpromote brand and position us as a thought leader
- Creating and managing a shared content calendar
- Refining process for developing content and receiving necessary approvals
- Analyzing the results of content produced and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Expected to develop a deep understanding of our brand, services, and customer base
- Overseeing internal and external content writers and resources
- Working alongside designers, PR team, channel managers, and marketing team Directors to execute marketing campaigns and content initiatives
- Asked to create timely, persuasive, attention-worthy articles, blogs, white papers, bylines, and press releases
- Working on crafting award submissions, speaking proposals, presentations, and speeches
- Interviewing digital marketing experts, analyzing trends, and developing content strategies based on insights gleaned
- Working on strategy and drafting content for RFPs and sales pitches
- Asked to be both creative and analytical on a daily basis
- Advocating throughout the company for the use of content best practices
You Must Have
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing content and strategy in the digital marketing space
- Two or four-year degree in English, journalism, digital marketing, or related field
- A writing portfolio with print and/or digital samples
- High level of attention to detail and creative aptitude
- Expert understanding of search engine marketing, social media, and email marketing
- Ability to create, write, and proof engaging content (website copy, email newsletters, speeches, white papers, etc.).
- Talent at writing creative, concise, smart, and SEO-friendly copy for an established brand voice
- High standards for excellence and holistic thinking
- Ability to gracefully give, receive, and incorporate feedback
- Eagerness to learn new strategies and pick up new skills
- Strong grammatical/writing skills and a style that maximizes web content usability and accessibility
- Multitasking skills as well as ability to hit and exceed deadlines required
- Experience with user experience (UX) testing methodology is a plus
- Experience with Keynote, G Suite, Google Analytics, and WordPress (preferred but not required)